"Sunshine, eh?" my husband would inquire...yes, sunshine even for him.
As many of you know, two weeks ago we got new kittens. We were originally going to name them Crash and Bash, but it got too confusing to keep up with who is who. So, we named the gray one Earl Grey because he is calm and cool, but named the black one Grim Reaper (Grimmy) because he tries to inflict death upon our toes every night. "Sunshine?!" I can hear the ogre saying at this moment.
Yes, the kittens are obviously the happiest that they have ever been, despite the kids trying to yank their legs and tails off while carrying them around. Evy is really good to the kittens and Grey has become her homework buddy, falling asleep on her desk when she is at it. After the first few days of being shredded, Seren has learned to be gentle too and now carries each one around like a baby. Penny is as gentle as she knows how to be, carrying each one in a headlock, two breaths away from passing out. All in all, the kittens seem to be excited about playing with the girls. Although, as Grimmy was snuggling me yesterday, he heard the pitter-patter of Penny's little feet coming down the hallway and by the way his eyes turned black and his ears turned backward slightly, I could tell he was a bit concerned. I had no choice but to turn over the "merchandise" and Penny went running happily down the hall with her newly confiscated black "purse." "Sunshine???" Yes, it is sunshine when, by the end of the day, both of the kittens and the kids have been worn out.
Personally, I've been happy to see the kittens running about and sliding across our laminate flooring, scattering everything about. Well, except my dust piles. I swept up the floor into one spot, turned around to get the dust pan, and when I turned back Grimmy had already scattered the entire pile to the four corners of the room again! "Remember, you asked for this," the ogre said. Yes, I did. I have been wooed by cute little kittens, but the ogre should make no mistake: he has been wooed also.
"Wooed?!" he'd say. "Wooed by pee all over my clothing? Wooed by them chomping my toes? Wooed by changing the catbox 3 times as often? Wooed??? Humph!" Well, they've been successfully housebroken the last couple of weeks and his clothes have all been freshly washed. Despite his toes being chomped, I'd say he's still wooed and enjoying the sunshine brought by Grim & Grey. How can I tell? Every time Grey gets snuggly and starts falling asleep, the ogre will find the softest, most cuddly blanket to wrap him in and snuggle him. Wooed, I'd say ;)
How about our other cat, Grumpy Thissy? As expected, she threw a literal hissy fit for a few days. Two weeks later though, I catch her sleeping with them or playing with them. If she notices I'm there, she'll hiss at them for my benefit. Pretty soon that won't be the case. She seems to be enjoying the company.
Speaking of sunshine, Evy has drawn the solar system and made it a poster for her club, which is made up of her siblings. Her siblings have been lableled each under their own planets. Since Seren still wets her bed from time to time, I find that it is quite appropriate that her name is under "Urinus."
No comments:
Post a Comment