I have big ambitions of things to get accomplished in the next week or two and I have already made good progress. The problem is that my pregnant body gets tired around noon and I am forced to "putter" the rest of the day, if I can even do that.
Spending the day with my girls was wonderful. I got Evy (my oldest) out the door an hour early and we did her Bible Study with fancy drinks from McD's before I dropped her off for school breakfast.
I came home to a freshly made breakfast, courtesy of my husband. Being home for breakfast on a Monday is a luxury I am no longer accostomed to. I'm really hoping that I get sick of it over the next four months so I can gladly return to work.
I spent a lovely day cleaning with my girls, then they took a long and peaceful nap. So did I ;)
I picked my Evy up from school and she traveled with my to my appointment. She waited patiently in the lobby for me. The doc says I'm dilated 1 whole cm! I'm 36 weeks along.
On the way home, my Evy and I discuss when she will start learning to drive a car. She is 7 going on 17. I explain to her that it will be at least 10 years before we teach her. Then somehow we get on the subject of what age she will be when she decides to move out. She insists she'll be 20; I inform her she can leave as early as 18 if she wishes, but she'll have to have a job to pay for it. Evy explains that she will make money as an artist, then launches into her business plan.
Evy's Business Plan, as explained by Evy:
"I will sell my artwork for $.25 each painting. I don't want to be expensive because I don't want people's feelings hurt if they can't afford to buy one of my paintings. If someone is getting the art to give to someone else, then they can have it for free. BUT, if they're planning on reselling it, then I will charge them a dollar. I will have a gallery store at the bottom of the building and I will live above it. My hours will be from 10AM (when most people get up) to 8pm, except on Sundays because those will be different."
This kid cracks me up! Already planning her own business at seven years old. We'll see how it turns out ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment