My day consisted of 10 hours worth of work while having a stuffy head because of my cold. I'm trying to cram everything I need to do within the next couple of days as I am taking my maternity leave on Monday.
Mike's day consisted of screaming children, trails of water-soaked cat crunchies acting as floor covering throughout the house (has it been raining Pennies from Heaven?), and well buttered, slightly snacked on, raw potatoes. Seren insists that those were the results of Pennies from Heaven. I'm still skeptical since Seren is the only one out of the two girls who could reach the butter in the Fridge.
In just a few more days and this will again be my everyday life for about the next four months. What on earth will I do with myself? Maybe it's the hormones, but facing my last week at work (for awhile) is making me kind of emotional. On one hand, I have prayed to come home every single day since I've started so I can be with my babies. On the other hand, can I pull it off if I'm able to stay home again? I've been working for the last 8 months and almost feel as if I've switched out of mommy mode and into breadwinner mode. I suppose my only hang-up is where Xander will fit into all of this when he gets here. He needs his mommy desperately over the next few months and I intend to give him every moment that I can get away with. But what do I do after that? Only time will tell, I suppose.
In many ways, I'm still stuck on the idea that I should be the one who is home with my kids. However, I cannot help but take notice of what an awesome job my husband is doing being Mr. Mom. He probably does a better job at it than I ever did. Maybe this makes me feel insecure. Although, I rest assured that he is lacking in one very important thing, as Xander would so aptly point out once he gets here. The rest of the kids seem to have adjusted to these changes quite well, although some of their behavior tells me that they miss my special touch of being at home with them.
In the end, I'm torn about going back to work after the baby is here. If I do, I will never complete the schooling I've started because I can't do it all. On the other hand, would I ever need to? Although I feel that I could expand my knowledge of my career field, I'm already quite marketable because of my experience. Not to mention that I have a "for life" type job and those rarely exist anymore.
Of course, I may not be so torn about going back to work because I may not have much of a choice, which is why I went to work in the first place. I guess I just shouldn't lose sight of the more important things: the family will be fed and cared for, and the kids will always have one of us parents available for them. So, with this in mind, I look forward to my four month paid vacation with my babies. I'm really looking forward to making the most of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment