Monday, September 3, 2012

Downs' Syndrome

This is our version of Downs' Syndrome at the house of Downs:

So, as Mike was making breakfast, the kids were commenting on SmartBalance not being real butter.  The container was on the table and I commented that it tastes alot like butter because it's made with whey and milk, but also with canola and soybean oil.

Mike interjects that it includes palm oil and coconut oil...To which I counter that I didn't see it in the ingredients, which I was READING off the container...of course, I tell him that I see "Palm Fruit" and he argues that it's another name for palm oil.

Then he asks if it has vitamin B1 or B12 or B5 and I suggest that he inquires of the makers of Smart Balance whether it does and if palm oil is part of "palm fruit".

THEN Seren makes the observation that I have cheesy eggs.  Goading the Downs within her, I remark I have eggy cheese.  She insists that I have cheesy eggs...

AND, to top off breakfast, as I'm sitting there, minding my own business, trying to finish my eggs...Mike pulls a pair of the girls' panties out of the washer (as he moves the load to the dryer), holds them under my nose and exclaims, "SEE!  The carpet odor remover got rid of the peepee smell!"

I have technically been off work since Monday and on vacation through today and am supposed to go back to work tomorrow.  After the refrigerator breaking on Monday, shopping all day Tuesday for a new one, spending all of our vacation money on the new refrigerator, and spending the rest of the week sick or wiping the noses of other sick and cranky people, I think I'm ready for my "vacation" of my secular job starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment