Thursday, October 24, 2013

Yesterday's Serenism is brought to you by: Anger Management...

So, Seren, my 6 year old, screamed a tantrum at me when I told her 'no'.  I sent her to stand in the corner until she was done, then had her come over to me so we could talk about it.

Me: Seren, was screaming an appropriate response when I told you no?
Seren: No...
Me: What would have been an appropriate response?
Seren: To go ask Daddy.
Me: No, that is not an appropriate response.  Try again.
Seren: Ask you again?
Me: That would be appropriate, but what would be an appropriate response if I still said no?
Seren:  Ask Daddy, you know, if he's available...
Mommy (briefly lowers head in hands in exasperation and stifles a laugh at the same time): How about taking no for an answer, Seren?

On a side note:  We send the girls to stand in the corner so often when they are screaming that Xander automatically puts himself in the corner when he is crying and screaming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment