Monday, October 3, 2011

The Beginning

I have started this blog because I was annoying my Facebook friends with WAY too many status updates.  Well, actually, they haven't said that because they're too polite, but I can take a hint.

As my profile says, I am a mom of three, soon to be four.  My life is fairly ordinary and mundane, but I try to make it entertaining.

I used to be a full-time mom, but now that's my husband's job. Yes, he is one of the casualties of this Great Recession and just can't seem to find a job. I, on the other hand, had no problem finding a job bookkeeping.  Yes, it's very boring, but numbers are my passion. So, that means that I get to work and he gets to stay home with the kids and look for work.  Needless to say, the change in roles has been an eye-opening adventure.

Although I have been successful in the working world before, my husband has never stayed home to take care of the kids full-time "unsupervised."  I must admit that I had my misgivings about this arrangement at first, but he's turned out to be an awesome Mr. Mom.

Our three children, Evy, Seren, and Penny, keep him very busy. Evy is our oldest, going on 8. She is our "informer", as Bill Cosby so aptly described in one of his comedy skits. Seren is short for Serenity, but she is otherwise known as Volatility. She is four and has not grown out of her terrible two's yet.  She is our "terror", but she's also our kick in the pants. Eventually, when I figure out how to use this blog, I will have a whole area devoted to Seren-isms.  Penny is just two. Sweet as could be little girl who used to have a growing vocabulary. Now the only word she says is, "MINE!"

If three girls wasn't enough, we have a rambunctious boy on the way.  I really don't know what we're going to do with a boy.  We're already struggling to find a name.  We'll get to meet him sometime in November or December.

Anyways, I look forward to sharing stories and pictures on here and hopefully entertain someone looking to jump out of his or her life and on into mine for a few.

Let's see if I can post some pics to get us started...




No comments:

Post a Comment