Yes, this is what I am calling my most recent chapter in my life. My youngest turned two last month and now she is asserting herself.
As I have described in my last post, all of my girls are helpful and try to imitate what we do as parents to the best of their abilities. Penny, my two-year-old, is no exception. In fact, she demonstrated this quite well Monday morning. About 7:30am, I received the following text from my husband:
Daddy to Penny: time to wake up Evy. Penny: go wake Evys? Daddy: oh, are you going to wake up Evy? Penny while getting up and leaving: yep. Then from girls room: wake up Evy. Evy: no response. Penny while whacking her: WAKE UP EVY!!! Evy: some indeterminate muffled sounds and an okay, okay. Penny returns to our room and goes back to playing with big red ball.
Yes, Penny has learned how to help out with getting our seven year old up for school AND she is very effective.
Of course, these days she not only imitates us, her parents, but whatever wildlife she can imagine. Tonight she went straight from imitating a dog to imitating a butterfly. One minute she was on all fours, barking like a dog, and the next minute she's running around announcing she's a butterfly. I agree with Jeff Foxworthy's comment that we certainly learn a lot from our kids. Before tonight's experience, I had no idea that a doggy could simply cocoon under any pink reversible blanket and come out instantly as a butterfly donning leopard wings fashionably coordinated with pants decorated with princess froggies.
This brings me back to my original point: the title of my new chapter in life. Many of my friends are familiar with the one I've started prior to this, called Serenisms. It turns out that Penny is worthy of her own chapter and I am naming it Penny Thoughts. One of these days, hopefully when I'm on maternity leave, I'll have a chance to figure out how to devote sections on here to the content of these chapters.
As I wrote this, I considered that some of you may be wondering if I have kept a log, or chapter, for my oldest child, Evy. The answer is, no I have not. Well, I've handwritten a few things through the years, but not enough to start a chapter. Although this might seem sad at first, I think that my friends who know Evy would know why. Evy is a child very different from her siblings. Although she is animated and goofy, she is truly more of a soulful, insightful child. A chapter written about what she does would not do her justice, but a mural would. So, I plan on posting her artwork and some of her stories as time goes on. I guess one might say that she is the author and illustrator of her own chapter, we're merely spectators.
On this note, I say, "Goodnight folks!" And, "Until next time!"
No comments:
Post a Comment