Friday, February 24, 2012

Gifts from Grandma

It's amazing how something that looks so hideous can make a girl feel like a beautiful princess.  Most of the time it's costume jewelry.  This time it's hair extensions.

About the recipes, I meant to warn you all yesterday that Fridays are my date nights with the kids, so we do something easy like leftovers.  I had a couple slices of salami with a slice of cheese (smoked gouda).  Tomorrow night I plan on a whole dinner of chicken, rice, and spiced pears.  Of course, I'll only be having chicken and I plan on serving artichoke with it. 

I'll be posting the recipes tomorrow with pics.  The chicken recipe is supposed to be a whole chicken, but I'm using leg quarters.  The chicken is supposed to be stuffed with the rice and then rubbed with butter and salt.  I don't believe in preparing meat without garlic plus I had some extra wine that was beginning to spoil on hand taking up room in the fridge so I'm marinating the chicken in it with galic and salt.


No comments:

Post a Comment