Sunday, February 5, 2012

I was trying to watch the halftime show...

...tonight when I got home.  Well, really I was just trying to watch the 12 min video of Madonna's part on SBNation.com.  I guess 12 minutes of peace is too much to ask for. 

While I was watching this, the kids were supposed to be making their beds or cleaning up their room so they can lay down their mattresses and make their beds (we have portable mattresses for the kids that stack to save space during the day).  You think this would keep them occupied the whole 12 minutes.  Well, it does, but the problem comes in when they think this should keep me occupied as well.

From the very start, Xander needed to be fed and swaddled.  I let him watch Madonna with me.  Two minutes in, Evy, our informer, breaks in with, "Seren won't..." (insert whatever Seren is not doing here).  I tell her to leave me be until the show is over and go back to do what she was told.  A minute later, Seren comes in to whine that she needs to change.  Leave me be until it's over.  A minute later, Penny comes in to tell me her eye hurts.  I wet my finger and wipe her eye as I keep one of my own on the show.   Not long after that, Seren comes back in to whine about her clothes and I shoo her off.  A couple minutes later, Penny takes a nose dive off of a stool.  THAT deserves my attention.  I pause my YouTube to console her and drop her back off into her room.  I warn everybody to just let me have a couple more minutes until the show is over.  I unpause show.  A minute later, Seren comes in to whine about her clothes.  I shoo her away.  A minute later, Evy interrupts to tell me she is done.  A minute after, my show is over.  A minute after that, everyone's needs are addressed and there is a chorus of crying as everyone is put to bed not wearing the clothes they wanted to wear or with the blankets they wanted to sleep with.

I am really hoping they stay in bed all night...*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment